Manchester United 4 – 1 Fulham – Manchester United recorded their biggest Premier League win of the season as they swept aside bottom-of-the-table Fulham at Old Trafford.
The victory – United’s first in five league matches – moved them up to sixth in the table and lifted some of the gloom that has enveloped the club.
The hosts took the lead after 13 minutes when Ashley Young bustled his way into the penalty area and curled the ball into the far corner past Sergio Rico.
Marcus Rashford set up Juan Mata for United’s second, before Romelu Lukaku finished from close range from Mata’s low cross.
Substitute Aboubakar Kamara pulled one back with a penalty after he had been fouled by Ander Herrera, but Claudio Ranieri’s side were soon reduced to 10 men when Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa was dismissed for two bookable offences.
England striker Rashford sealed United’s victory with a powerful strike from a tight angle that beat Rico at his near post.
This was the first time this season the Red Devils had won by a three-goal margin in the league, though they did beat Swiss side Young Boys 3-0 in the Champions League in September.
The last time they won by three goals in the league was on 15 January, with a 3-0 home defeat of Stoke.
Manchester United 4 – 1 Fulham | English Premier League – Match Highlights
- 13′ 1 – 0 Ashley Young opens the scoring! The hosts lead and it only took 13 minutes. There seems to be no danger when Ashley Young collects the ball outside the penalty area, to the side of the box. He bustles his way into the area, past Denis Odoi, and curls the ball into the far corner past Sergio Rico. Lovely strike.
- 28′ 2 – 0 Juan Mata double the Red Devils lead! So easy. Where is the Fulham defence? Ashley Young passes to Romelu Lukaku, who then releases Marcus Rashford down the left. His pull back finds Juan Mata in acres of space and he calmly slots it into the bottom corner from about 15 yards out.
- 42′ 3 – 0 Romelu Lukaku makes it three-nil! Fulham sliced apart. Jesse Lingard plays in Juan Mata, he squares it and Romelu Lukaku is the first of the unmarked players with a simple task to tap the ball into the net. Fulham’s defence were sleeping. Again. High fives from Jose Mourinho to members of his backroom staff. Forty-one minutes and this one looks done and dusted already.
- 67′ 3 – 1 [Penalty Goal] Aboubakar Kamara scores and Fulham pull back one from the penalty spot! He won the penalty and he scores the penalty. Kamara calmly slots the ball into the bottom corner. Game on! Penalty to Fulham after Ander Herrera brings down Aboubakar Kamara. It looks like Herrera gets the ball, but collects Kamara on the follow through.
- 68′ 3 – 1 [Red Card] Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa is sent off! A foul on Marcus Rashford means Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa is shown red after he was booked in the 31st minute for a foul on Lingard. If Fulham are to fight back in this one, they will have to do it with 10 men.
- 82′ 4 – 1 Marcus Rashford scores fourth! Game over. Marcus Rashford gets a well-deserved goal. He catches Sergio Rico off guard, with a strike from just outside the box from a narrow angle. Rico punches the ground in frustration as he gets done at his near post.
DOWNLOAD AND WATCH BELOW :