Video: Sevilla 0 – 5 Barcelona (April-21-2018) Spanish Copa Del Rey Final Highlights
Sevilla 0 – 5 Barcelona – Barca wins the Spanish Cup for the fourth consecutive year. Barcelona have won the Copa del Rey for a fourth season in a row. Barcelona celebrate their 30th Spanish Cup.
Luis Suarez scored two goals as Barcelona produced a masterclass to beat Sevilla and win the Copa del Rey final for the fourth successive season.
Sevilla were 3-0 down at half-time, Suarez tapping home Philippe Coutinho’s pass to open the scoring in Madrid. Lionel Messi doubled the lead before setting up Suarez for the third.
Andres Iniesta added the fourth before Philippe Coutinho’s penalty sealed Barca’s first trophy since Ernesto Valverde took charge last May.
Sevilla 0 – 5 Barcelona | Spanish Copa Del Rey Final – Match Highlights
- 14′ 0 – 1 Luis Suárez scores from Coutinho’s pass. Route one and Barcelona lead. Barca keeper Jasper Cillessen punts a long kick downfield and four touches later they’re ahead. Barca are in two on one from the kick. David Soria starts to come off his line and then changes his mind. He can do nothing about it as Philippe Coutinho squares to former Liverpool team-mate Luis Suarez, who turns the ball into the empty net from about three yards out.
- 31′ 0 – 2 Lionel Messi slams home from Alba backheel. Lionel Messi becomes the second player to ever score in five Copa del Rey finals. And it’s a great goal. Jordi Alba plays a one-two with Andres Iniesta and backheels the ball to Messi – who smashes the ball into the roof of the net. Alba, Iniesta and Messi – textbook Barcelona.
- 40′ 0 – 3 Luis Suárez scores another from Messi’s pass. This is as good as Barcelona have played all season. Wow. Luis Suarez gets the ball on the halfway line and finds Lionel Messi. The Argentine plays a first time pass back to Suarez, who runs in on goal and slips the ball past the keeper. Fantastic football.
- 52′ 0 – 4 Andres Iniesta scores after Messi one-two. It’s probably his last cup final before moving to China and Andres Iniesta has 100% wrapped up this Copa del Rey final. Luis Suarez gives the ball to Iniesta, who finds Lionel Messi. The Argentine waits for Iniesta to make his run and picks him out. Iniesta then steps around the goalkeeper and taps the ball home. Wonderful goal.
- 69′ 0 – 5 [Penalty Goal] Philippe Coutinho scores penalty after handball and nets in Barca’s fifth. This is really nice by Barcelona. They win a penalty as Luis Suarez flicks the ball onto Clement Lenglet’s hands. Philippe Coutinho slams the ball into the net but the referee gives the penalty and not the advantage. Does Luis Suarez take it for his hat-trick? Does Lionel Messi take it for yet another goal? No, they let Coutinho take it since he was just denied a goal and he sends keeper David Soria the wrong way.