- The former national security adviser has denied claims of illegal transactions with the past national publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party
Sambo Dasuki said all payments made to Olisa Metuh passed through due process
– He also told the court that he was answerable to the past president, Goodluck Jonathan in all his dealings
The former national security adviser, Sambo Dasuki, on Friday, November 3, said all his dealing with the past national publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh, were done legally.
Speaking before Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court in Abuja, Dasuki testifying under evidence in chief said he did not commit any illegal transaction with Metuh.
He said every payment made to Metuh or his company passed through due process.
He also told the court that he has not been convicted or charged of any illegal activity by any court of law.
The former NSA also told the court that he was answerable to the past president, Goodluck Jonathan in all his dealings.
Starcoded reported that Dasuki had earlier appeared before the court on Wednesday, November 1, to stand as witness in the ongoing trial of Metuh.
Dasuki during his appearance prayed the court to allow him time to access some of the documents needed for the trial.
The former NSA’s counsel, Ahmed Raji, said his client had lost his memory following a two-year incarceration at the headquarters of the Department of State Services (DSS).
Raji had said his client does not have, “access to relevant files, records and documents required to refresh his memory of any decisions or actions he took or authorised in the course of his duties.”